SCHEDULED ROAD CLOSURES
Aqua Pennsylvania – Project status.
- West Avenue (York Road to Leedom Street) excavation for water main was completed on Thursday April 9th. West Avenue will no longer have overnight closures.
- Leedom Street between West Avenue and Town Square parking lot will no longer have overnight closures. The Town Square parking area will remain open to traffic.
- Leedom Street between Town Square parking lot and Greenwood Avenue. Road scheduled to be closed 7:00 PM to 5:00 AM. Monday April 13 through Wednesday April 15.
- Leedom Street between Greenwood Avenue and Summit Avenue. Road scheduled to be closed 7:00 PM to 5:00 AM Wednesday April 15 for one week.
- Summit Avenue between Leedom Street and York Road –Road scheduled to be closed 7:00 PM to 5:00 AM Wednesday April 22 for one to two weeks.
- Once all water mains have been laid and have passed chlorination tests individual services will be excavated and connected to the customers. The connection of service may cause temporary delays but will not require overnight closure of roadways. Once all services have been connected permanent restoration work will immediately follow.
Continue reading UPDATED INFRASTRUCTURE COMPREHENSIVE SCHEDULE
Late Thursday evening, January 29, Jenkintown police arrested a male subject on the 300 block of Runnymede Avenue and charged him with theft and related offenses. Subject was entering unlocked cars that were parked in the street and in driveways. If any resident had their car tampered with that evening, please notify Jenkintown Police at 215-884-1200 and report it. Residents are reminded to please lock your car doors at all times.
The weather forecast for our region is for heavy snow and high winds throughout the evening. Please use caution if you need to travel.
Below is some important information regarding this ongoing storm: Continue reading JAN. 26 / 27 – IMPORTANT WINTER STORM INFORMATION
The Zoning Hearing Board public hearing for 101 OYR Holdings LP in connection with the property at 101 York Road scheduled for tonight has been canceled and rescheduled for February 19 at 8:30pm. The applicant requested a continuance to allow the submittal of an amended zoning application.
Additional information will be provided in the ZHB case file and available for public viewing at Borough hall 700 Summit Avenue. If there are any questions please do not hesitate to call 215 885 0700.
Jenkintown Borough has many important meetings this month. Continue reading IMPORTANT MEETING DATES IN JANUARY