Due to the winter weather conditions; there is currently a disruption to the trash and recycling collection services in Jenkintown Borough. Continue reading TRASH & RECYCLING SERVICES DISRUPTED DUE TO STORM
Jenkintown Police Department is accepting applications for school crossing guards. Applications can be picked up at the Jenkintown Police Department between the hours of 8AM and 4PM Monday through Friday. Hourly rate: $12.00 per hour, 10 hours per week.
SHOW YOUR LOVE FOR THE CLASSIC TOWNS OF GREATER PHILADELPHIA
Jenkintown Borough is designated as a Classic Town of Greater Philadelphia. Take a photo in Jenkintonw Borough then using the hashtag #ILoveClassicTowns, upload your photo to twitter, instagram, facebook, or www.classictowns.org. Check back between April 6th through April 20th to vote for your favorite photos. The winners will be announced by May 15th.
Photo submission will be accepted between February 13th and April 5th. All ages are welcome to participate and better yet the top THREE photos will be awarded prizes with a grand prize of $500.
More information can be found at www.classictowns.org/2015-photo-contest
SCHEDULED ROAD CLOSURES
Aqua Pennsylvania – Project status.
- West Avenue (York Road to Leedom Street) excavation for water main was completed on Thursday April 9th. West Avenue will no longer have overnight closures.
- Leedom Street between West Avenue and Town Square parking lot will no longer have overnight closures. The Town Square parking area will remain open to traffic.
- Leedom Street between Town Square parking lot and Greenwood Avenue. Road scheduled to be closed 7:00 PM to 5:00 AM. Monday April 13 through Wednesday April 15.
- Leedom Street between Greenwood Avenue and Summit Avenue. Road scheduled to be closed 7:00 PM to 5:00 AM Wednesday April 15 for one week.
- Summit Avenue between Leedom Street and York Road –Road scheduled to be closed 7:00 PM to 5:00 AM Wednesday April 22 for one to two weeks.
- Once all water mains have been laid and have passed chlorination tests individual services will be excavated and connected to the customers. The connection of service may cause temporary delays but will not require overnight closure of roadways. Once all services have been connected permanent restoration work will immediately follow.
Late Thursday evening, January 29, Jenkintown police arrested a male subject on the 300 block of Runnymede Avenue and charged him with theft and related offenses. Subject was entering unlocked cars that were parked in the street and in driveways. If any resident had their car tampered with that evening, please notify Jenkintown Police at 215-884-1200 and report it. Residents are reminded to please lock your car doors at all times.